- Bachelor of Science: Education - University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Masters of Art: Education - National University, La Jolla, CA
- Career Counselor: Mother Lode Job Training
- Support Employment Coordinator: WATCH Program
- Coordinator/Facilitator: Navy's Substance Abuse Prevention Program (Signonella, Sicily and Alameda Naval Air Station, California)
- Traffic Clerk: AFI Worldwide Forwarders
- Store Manager/Assistant Manager and Salesperson
I was born and raised in upstate New York and began my Bachelor Degree in Elementary Education at the State University College of NY in Oneonta. As a junior, I transfer to the University of Wisconsin – Madison to complete my Bachelor of Science in Education, with a minor in Sociology. After graduating, I lived for several years outside of Aspen, CO and arrived in the Bay Area of CA in 1980. From 1984 – 1987, I lived on the island of Sicily as the dependent wife of a Navy sailor. Shortly after arriving home, we moved to Twain Harte in 1989. In 2004, I attained my Masters in Teaching from National University and my CLAD certification from University of California San Diego.
A majority of my work life in Sonora, was with Mother Lode Job Training as a Career Counselor, where I assisted individuals with the re-entrance into the work force through attaining funding for training and sharing my expertise in job strategies and creation of a strong resume/cover letter. I began working at Columbia College in 2009, as a Special Programs Counselor/Guidance instructor and in August 2015 became a full-time faculty member as CalWORKs Coordinator/Counselor and Chief Examiner for the GED.
I LOVE being at Columbia College!